Yep I Drank the Kool-Aid!!
I bought an 8G iPhone on the first available weekend. For weeks before I was saying I was going to wait – and yet, Saturday morning I’m in (and out) of Apple Soho in 10 minutes with my shiny new gadget and case.
Impressions after two weeks – it’s exceeded all my expectations. My Twitter feed that first weekend was full of hyberbole (even from usual low-key developers) but it really lived up to the hype.
– It’s easy to navigate with the touch screen (the “Calamari” commercial is a real-time example)
– Developers (especially after iPhoneDevCamp) have been churning out new apps
– The iPod sound is so clear, a definite step ahead
– The Text Feature is fun (looks like iChat bubbles) and I’m using it so much more than previously
– The Web app (Safari) turns horizontally and vertically (I really like the the keyboard input while on it’s side)
– While the keyboard was a little challenging at first, I was a pro after just a couple of days.
– The battery life (I have heard others have had issues) has been great. I turn off the Wifi when I’m not using it as I think the sniffer uses a lot of power
– I have a lot of email accounts and all are now on (except work, I need help from my Network guys on that)
Favorite Applications (so far) –
– Mockdock (an online dock for iPhone apps)
– PocketTweets (Twitter on the iPhone)
– gOffice (Microsoft Office for iPhone)
– Meebo (Chat client that includes AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, etc.)
– Ta-Da (37Signals Ta-Da – to do list maker)
Thanks to everyone who shares resources/apps/etc!
I am slowly incorporating the iPhone into my GTD system – more as it becomes ingrained.